Monday, May 12, 2008

Singapore Airlines and Singapore Airport

this was written on 5/7 while I was at the airport:

The food court was bustling with all sorts people and noisy chatter – mainly in Chinese and English so it didn’t feel too foreign to me. Kind of felt like I was in one of those Chinese food courts in LA.

What did feel foreign to me was the feeling of being alone. Being at the airport lugging around my cart full of luggage and buying food to eat by myself made me realize how much I miss JT already. I’ll have to admit, I didn’t have a chance to miss him much while I was enjoying my nice comfy business class airplane ride. I was sleeping like a baby in my little capsule, and ate the best airplane food I’ve ever had.

A lady caught my attention from the Taiwanese food stand in the food court as I passed by. I ordered what JT would have ordered. It’s what he likes to call “five meat rice” hahahaa. It’s not really five meats, but it SOUNDS like that in Chinese when he mispronounces it. So that’s what he thought it was called. His Chinese is so funny sometimes…anyways….

Back to Singapore. I ate my five meat rice, and watched people as they passed by. Only a few more hours and I will be headed to HK!

2 comments:

John said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John said...

I miss you too b! We'll eat five meat rice when you get home.