Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hong Kong part 1

So, although I’m just traveling to India and Shanghai for work – my manager suggested I could take a couple days off work and check out HK on my way. Best idea ever! I have never been to Hong Kong, or India, or Shanghai… I’ve never been much of a traveler because I’ve always had jobs that kinda locked me down. I never did the backpacking thing or the study abroad thing… other than family Taiwan trips, the furthest I’ve gone on my own is Toronto. So yeah, this is much much more to me than just a special treat.

My days in Hong Kong were really eventful… It was pretty surprising to see how many people are out and about on a Wednesday night. People in HK sure know how to enjoy life. My first night there was really chill. It was nice to just kinda hang out, have a couple drinks and soak in the atmosphere. My brother’s friend Eddy is temporarily living out there, and it was really nice of him to let me stay at his place even though he was going to Taiwan for the weekend. Very nice pad he has… they have these things in HK called serviced apartments. Every afternoon the maid would come in and clean – so it’s sorta like a hotel but more homey.

My buddy Justin was also visiting HK at the same time, so it was awesome to have him here and hang out.

I spent the first day checking out the city alone, wandering around, taking pix with my spiffy Canon EOS 5d. I went up the peak tram and took pics of the city. SOOO beautiful. I went shopping, of course.

Justin got in on Thursday night, and Eddy’s friend took us to this “members only” restaurant that was REALLY good. We went to his bar and drank a ton of wine, and then went back to the LKF area to check out some clubs. Thurs night was sooooo fun! It wasn’t too crowded and the music was awesome. It was one of the drunk buzzes that made everything feel a little bit too perfect and surreal. I will elaborate further on that thought in a sec…

No comments: