Monday, January 08, 2007

The Good Shephard



I finally watched The Good Shephard last Friday. It's weird nowadays, since I used to watch most movies before they even came out in theaters... and now, I rarely find time to watch movies.

The Good Shephard was ok... I wasn't super impressed. Angelina Jolie wasn't a good fit for the role she played ... I just didn't feel convinced... just felt I was just watching Angelina Jolie "act"... know what i mean?

I think Matt Damon did a decent job in his role, but the movie overall was just not incredibly enjoyable.

You watch this guy(Damon) get pressured into doing all these things that he doesn't necessarily want to do -- but he does it because, at the time, he thinks it's the right thing to do... You end up feeling terribly sorry for this guy -- for his lost soul -- for his lack of direction and the waste of all that potential. =p

I walked out feeling pretty 'bleh', so maybe it served it's purpose well... kinda like how you feel after watching The Talented Mr. Ripley

Anyhow, I wouldn't recommend the movie as a must-see, but it wasn't horrible.

No comments: