Friday, February 19, 2010

Meeting the 'dead' Dr. Christian Shephard from LOST [semi-SPOILER-alert]

Yesterday, I was cast play a medical intern on Trauma, and was pleasantly surprised to see John Terry on set! At first, it was like I saw a ghost! I'm a HUGE Lost fan, so I kind of wanted to rush up to him and ask him to tell me EVERYTHING... ahaha, as if he would.... but, I played it cool and just stared from afar. lol.

Later in the day, I was lucky enough to get picked to be in a scene with him, so we got to chat a little bit. He was, btw, extremely friendly, funny... and super talented. =)



For those of you who don't know, John Terry plays Dr. Christian Shephard (a.k.a. Jack's dead dad) on Lost. There has been so much speculation over how things will pan out on the FINAL season of LOST -- and he is in the center of a LOT of theories.



His character, Christian Shephard, is an extremely interesting character on the show because although he was dead from episode ONE, it was later revealed in flashbacks that so many characters have had connections with him, on and off the island. As a recap, here's what we know:

-Dr. Christian Shephard was originally know as Jack's father.
-Later we found out he was also Claire's father, and he was in Australia to visit her for the last time.
-We also found out that Ana Lucia traveled to Australia with Jack's father
-Christian Shephard hit Saywer with the door of the car when he opened it in front of the bar where they later share drinks.
-On the island, Christian Shephard's coffin was found unlocked and empty, which raised questions about his death and whether or not he is still alive.
-He then, mysteriously appeared alive on the island to various characters (Jack, Hurley, Claire, Locke, Miles, Micahel, Sun, Vincent, and Frank) at different times
- He has referred to himself on the Island as being capable to speak on Jacob's behalf.

The final season kicked off focusing on Jacob and his brother (a parallel to the classic Bible story of Jacob and Esau). It has become clear that Esau brought John Locke's dead body to the island so he could use his body and impersonate John Locke to convince Ben to kill Jacob.

This makes me assume Jacob had been using Christian Shephard's body, which explains Christian's appearances on the island. But why was Christian Shephard's body missing from his coffin? It seems that Esau was able to assume John Locke's image while leaving the body in the coffin.

So is Christian Shephard really dead?

Well, when I met John Terry, I told him I felt like I was looking at a ghost, and he responded by saying, "oh, but you know Christian Shephard is not really dead..." I said, "REALLY!??!" in shock.. and then he said "just kidding, I have no idea." ... so now I'm left in confusion.

Will John Terry be in this final season of Lost?


He says he hasn't heard anything from casting yet, and they are finishing up filming within the next month or so. This seems quite weird to me -- I would assume he would need to be in this season to help answer questions about his character.

So here's my two requests to the Lost writers --
1) Please don't leave questions unanswered!
2) Bring John Terry back, he's awesome (that one's for you John!), and we want to know more about how his character fits in with everything!

hmmm... or maybe they should extend the show even more, and have a FINAL FINAL season. haha =)

Last but not least, check out Tweetswirl's LOST page and see what people are twittering about LOST right now. We just launched our page two days ago!

Follow the Lost Actors and Fans on Twitter!
See what others are saying about LOST right now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good morning dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that meticulous make. The prices seeking the shoes were all over 330 bucks on every site. But completely I bring about this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking as far as something that particular brand. The prices for the shoes are around 240 dollars on every site. But completely I bring about this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what do you think?