Wednesday, September 02, 2009

To be without an employer...

So, this is the first time in the last 9 years I've been without an employer! It definitely feels strange to me. When I decided to leave eBay, I though I was going to thoroughly enjoy sleeping in, maybe relax and do some reading by the pool -- but that hasn't really happened yet. I've been feeling so anxious that I keep waking up in the mornings in a frantic panic. It has been three weeks already and although I've been making great progress with my web app and catching up on a lot of personal things, I still feel like the days aren't long enough. My daily to-do lists just get longer and longer.

I'm hoping I can accomplish most of what I want to get done in the next couple months and get it to a manageable state where I can start thinking about next steps and moving forward. In the meantime, I'm doing everything I can to refrain myself from job hunting. I've been crazy busy planning things, and then making sure I don't overbook myself. As the days go on, I am more and more certain this was a necessary break for me ... to really allow me to catch up on the rest of my life. I just have to allow myself to fully enjoy it and give it a chance enough to see where it can go. It's just hard not to stress about my financial situation a few months down the road.

No comments: