Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Five Days in Washington DC

JT and I went to Washington DC for a five day vacation to visit my brother and cousin! It was an amazing vacation -- to say the least.

Here are some highlights:

-Watching American Idol Live on Tour at the Verizon Stadium... and screaming with all the teenage girls when Adam Lambert came out. haha


-Touring the city by Segway!


-Meeting up with Han Hong for some oysters! Thanks to facebook, we realized we were in DC at the same time!


-Getting to ride the secret underground subway on Capitol Hill w/ cousin Jonathan ... even though we got kicked off after one stop.

-Seeing the monuments and memorials in person!


-Being able to stand at the spot where Martin Luther King gave his "I Have a Dream" speech.

-Taking awesome pictures with my kickass camera!



-Celebrating JT's 31st bday at brazilian bbq restaurant Fogo de Chao! Holy smokes! We ate 15 different types of meat. My fav was the bacon wrapped filet mignon! Happy Bday Hubby!


-Chillin at the rooftop of a building at night with an amazing view of the city.

-Checking out the Museums! I truly wish I had more time to see them all. We were able to check out the International Spy Museum, American Portrait Smithsonian Museum, Air and Space Museum, and the Holocaust Museum.


-Pigging out!


-Hanging at busboys and poets, the non-profit bookstore/bar/poetry slam cafe inspired by langston hughes

And here's the kicker...
-Seeing President Barrack Obama HIMSELF board the Marine One right on the south lawn of the white house. How freakin lucky are we?! THank you Jonathan for hooking us up with the white house tour! We got a video of it!

-The making of my first youtube video ever:



Five days at our nation's capitol... being surrounded by all the history, passion, and hope ... left me feeling inspired. =) great trip! Thank you Jason and Jonathan for hosting us! family rocks.



For more pictures, check out my flickr site

No comments: