Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Workaholics Annonymous...

The weather has been soooo incredibly beautiful lately, and it makes me a little sad that I can't take advantage of it.

I wake up, get ready for work... step outside and enjoy the nice warm weather for the 2 minutes it takes me to run from my front door to my car... and then another 2 minutes from my car to the office. When I step out, it's already night time, and I must waste no time in heading home to moon light it for my personal endeavors/side projects.

I've been working late every night of the week... and it really makes me ask myself. WHY?! WHY the heck am I'm working so hard? I am young, happily engaged with no kids on the way... and not for a least another few years...and I'm working as if I'm raising a family and family of 5 -- which is clearly not the case. We do well for ourselves as it is... but we are like worker bees, we never stop ... It's to the point where I barely have any time for myself... and when i DO.. I use it to catch up on sleep.

Take last weekend for example -- I literally went to bed at 7pm on Friday evening out of exhaustion, and woke up at 11am the next day... ran errands all day Saturday, and worked all day Sunday.

Why can't I just go to work, come home in the evening, enjoy a nice dinner, then veg out in front of the TV and get a good night's rest?

I think there is some kind of innate desire within me to always work towards something I can look forward to in the future. I realize that I may never be completely happy/content with where I am in life -- but what I CAN be happy with, is where I am heading, and the progress/journey to that point.

I think I will always been the super optimist dreamer in life -- love and career -- I think it's the only way to be. So maybe this is the only way for me to be for now... WORK HARD, and occasionally play hard... =)

Life is still peachy, when I'm not stressing about deadlines. =P I think I am on the brink of catching up with everything... I have some major deadlines this month, so when I get through all of this alive, I will be able to let out a big sigh of relief-- and be a better friend and call everyone back. Then I will probably get right into the wedding planning!!! woooooo... so excited!! =)

P.S. Sorrrrry...if you called weeks ago, and I haven't called back.. don't take it personally!!! I can be such a sucky friend sometimes. =/ serious kudos to the folks I love who've stuck with me through the years =) MUAH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know exactly how you feel. even the friday nights i go out, i want to just sleep in the car while my friends go play hhaha. ugh. i know that 7-8pm bedtime on fridays so well!

Jason Chang said...

dont burn out!