Monday, August 21, 2006

Dear eBay.ca Family:

I’ve had an absolutely amazing time living and working here in Toronto at eBay.ca for the last three and a half months. I am so grateful that my time here has been just long enough to truly experience the love of the eBay.ca family, to taste the great diverse food selection that Toronto restaurants have to offer, to go to all the fun summer events, to party at a bunch of clubs downtown -- but just short enough to avoid the FREEZING wintertime that I keep hearing horror stories about.


You’ve all done such a remarkable job making me feel right at home here, and I will always hold all of those caring gestures dear to my heart.

So, it’s confirmed – the rumors are true:

- Canadians are more welcoming, friendly, down-to-earth, chill, and don’t stress out as much.

- In my opinion, the Toronto party scene definitely rivals Vegas.

- Canadians sound words out differently like: ‘aboot’ and ‘surry,’… and my all time favorite is: Ya’ll love saying ‘ay?’ at the end of sentences. =)

- The food here is amazing.

- There is a true ‘melting pot’ vibe where everyone really feels like they belong.

- It is way cleaner and safer here, and people make such a better effort to keep it that way.

Yup, Toronto is definitely going down in my books as one of the greatest places I’ve been privileged to spend some good quality time. I will definitely be back to visit – as this place will always feel like somewhat of a home away from home to me!

One very important lesson I’ve learned here is to watch my step when in high heels! Those crazy sidewalk vents are everywhere, and you never know when you’ll get a heel stuck in there and fall face forward on one of those MONSTER garbage/recycling bins! Yes, it was an extremely rough lesson learned – however, somehow I feel I’ve gained so much knowing I can get through something like that. A huge thanks to everyone for showing all the support and care. I am truly grateful.

All I have to say is: I really feel like I am one lucky girl.

THANKS TORONTO! You’ve been more than amazing to me! Be SURE email me or give me a ring to let me know when you are coming to my hood, because I will be so happy to have the chance to extend the same welcome to any of you.

Tomorrow is my last day here, but I hope to see you all again. =)

Sincerely,
Sandy Chang

2 comments:

g0james said...

I think I need to goto the Docks one more time before Winter. Let's go!

Anonymous said...

Coming back from Vancouver, I would have to say that I am a big fan of Canada. The States are happy to have you back however. :-)